Friday, July 13, 2012

A Petaluma Peep speaks up

 

IMG_7453

The 2011 inaugural Petaluma ART IS YOU was my very first art retreat.  I can remember the day I stumbled across Jenny Holiday's blog post about an East coast art retreat that she would be teaching at. I followed her link and was disappointed to see how far away the retreat was from my home. 

IMG_7619That is when I noticed a link to the brand new ART IS YOU West Coast retreat! I crossed my fingers and hoped that it would be a bit closer to home.  Little did I know it would be in my own backyard!  I LIVE in Petaluma!!!  I could not sign up fast enough! 

I was so impressed with the warmth and sense of community that I felt from Sallianne and Ellen.  Not only was there a wonderfully diversity of classes to choose from but I also appreciated the special events as well.  Especially the fact that Sallianne and Ellen looked for ways to give back to the community. 

When art meets generosity, good things happen!!!   I loved my classes and getting to know like-minded people from near and far.  I learned new skills and tried art techniques that I never thought I would be able to do.  I was so proud of my work that I entered one of my ART IS YOU pieces (with the blessing of my instructor) in our local Fair and won 2nd place!!!

masseyclass

I am already signed up for this year's event and am looking forward to seeing all my new friends again in person. How amazing to have such a wonderful event in my own backyard!  I hope you'll join me this year. I'd love to meet you!!!

-Amy Malaise

http://www.craftingbycandlelight.com

No comments: