Friday, April 1, 2011

SPOTLIGHT ON: Teena Flanner

 

tpic

Faculty Name: Teena Flanner
Birthplace: Texas, childhood in Colorado
Current Residence: Elm Grove ,WI

Necessary Job: so lucky! papier mache is my income and hobby and much of my joy!

How long have you been doing art?
forever for fun! as a living, since 1990, not quite as fun.

At what age did you begin creating and why?
as long as I can remember and much of my art as a child was paper, glitter and water colors.

What is your favorite part of teaching?
my art has been such a part of my life that I would love to give back a bit.Everyone is creative! Art supported my now grown children and though it wasn't easy , I remember the process with much pleasure.

What do you find most challenging about teaching?
drying the papier mache in the time frame of a class..impossible! but we will have much satisfaction and unique, glittered, finished art to take home.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
play almost daily with my grandkids, swimming in the summer, gardening...not for pleasure...but so I have a garden! love all travel.

What is your favorite type of art medium?  
papier mache and glitter

Who is your favorite artist?
too difficult to think about it, but things imperfect, unique and timeless

What is one interesting (trivial) fact that everyone should know about you? 
I am still surprised that I was able to be in the right place at the right time with something different .

Attach your favorite image and detail why it is your favorite.
the true glow of Christmas! 2010 my living room with Jack and Abbey and  yes,  the tree did get decorated.

DSC08474

No comments: