Sunday, April 3, 2011

SPOTLIGHT ON: Cheryl Strait

STRAIT

Faculty Name: Cheryl Strait
Birthplace: Alliance,Ohio
Current Residence: Alliance,Ohio

Necessary Job: Artist and SAHM

How long have you been doing art?
Professionally since 1996

At what age did you begin creating and why?
I was born creative, I have an insatiable need to create...

What is your favorite part of teaching? 
The creative process

What do you find most challenging about teaching?
Helping students to explore their creative side.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love to go to the beach, camping, reading, and listening to music.

What is your favorite type of art medium?
I love metals

Who is your favorite artist?
I am keeping this private but I will tell you it is a Mann.LOL!

What is one interesting (trivial) fact that everyone should know about you? 
i was a military wife for 14 years and enjoyed every minute of it,especially our tour of duty in Germany, i miss it!

Attach your favorite image and detail why it is your favorite.
attached is a picture of the beach, it has a calming,peaceful affect for me, i find that i can clear my head and helps me design earthy, urban, rustic,artsy pieces of jewelry.

art is 2010 silver sands 012

Cheryl Strait
Collage & Jewelry Artist
visit:www.cherylsstudio.theshoppe.com
Shop:CherylStrait.etsy.com
UrbanRomantic.etsy.com
blog:cherylstrait.wordpress.com

No comments: