Sunday, April 24, 2011

SPOTLIGHT ON: ANGELA HUGGINS

 

image
Faculty Name: Angela Huggins
Birthplace: Jersey City, New Jersey
Current Residence: New Jersey
Necessary Job:  Nurse

How long have you been doing art?
For the past 45 years

At what age did you begin creating and why?
I really began my art career at the age of 5. Always fascinated with art, paint, fabric. Making things putting them together with fabric.

What is your favorite part of teaching? 
My favorite part of teaching is the "oh factor". When someone has discovered something inside of themselves after they have conquered a technique. "Oh that's how you do that"!!! I love putting together classes in anticpation of meeting new people and getting them to not focus on what I make but on what they can make with what I know.

What do you find most challenging about teaching?
When you are not "known" getting people to realize you are alive on  that dust speck lol!  Getting people to trust you that really do have something to share. You believe in them when they don't believe in themselves. Teaching them to float outside of themselves go towards the light and see what they are doing lol!

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to shop, discover, study, read new ways to do and improve my craft. I love working with children.

What is your favorite type of art medium?
Fabric is my favorite medium.

Who is your favorite artist?
Frida Kahlo

What is one interesting (trivial) fact that everyone should know about you?  
I am a vigilante or maybe a better term would be an advocate for the shy. I don't know if that's good or bad but I hate seeing people wronged, hurt, taken advantage of.

Attach your favorite image and detail why it is your favorite.
The picture I selected is an Angel lifting her hands towards the sun to praise God. I love God, I love Angels, I love the beautiful rays of the sun, and I love to Praise Him.

black angel

Dolls are the Joy of Life
angelhugs4all.blogspot.com
soulfuldollartists.ning.com
Come out to the East Coast Retreat and Learn Dollmaking!

No comments: