Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SPOTLIGHT: On Kecia Deveney

Kecia

Faculty Name:  Kecia Deveney

Birthplace:
Garden Grove, California

Current Residence:
The Jersey Shore

Necessary Job:  Caregiver for my son, Tucker

How long have you been doing art?
Since high school

At what age did you begin creating and why? 
I started making little fleecing sheep Christmas ornaments out of this fleece scrap my mom was using and people wanted t buy them. i did it for fun!

What is your favorite part of teaching?  
Sharing my methods and watching their art come alive

What do you find most challenging about teaching?
It can be time consuming; all the preparation, supplies, packing- worrying if i forgot something important, etc.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
If it is warm i like to be outside going to flea markets

What is your favorite type of art medium? 
I love it all; painting, collage, jewelry, sewing, sculpting dolls

Who is your favorite artist? i really love Anahata Katkin

What is one interesting (trivial) fact that everyone should know about you?
I've driven across the U.S. 4 times, twice by myself!

Attach your favorite image and detail why it is your favorite.

This is a picture  of a poster i bought  about 10 years ago.  I have a fascination with cemetery angels and after seeing the image online in a story, I had to find it. She is an angel in a cemetery in Paris (if i am remembering correctly). I  think she is a beautiful piece of art.

Evangeline

kecia deveney

blog: www.lemoncholys.blogspot.com

website: www.lemoncholys.com

etsy: www.keeshagirl4.etsy.com

Objects & Elements design team: www.objectsandelements.typepad.com

No comments: