Friday, March 11, 2011

SPOTLIGHT ON: Taryn Reece

 

Faculty Name:   TARYN REECE

Birthplace:
  PORTLAND, MAINE

Current Residence:
CHARLESTON, MAINE

Necessary Job:  CMO for a Landscaping company

How long have you been doing art? my entire life

At what age did you begin creating and why? probably around 2 years old, both my parents and sister are artists and we lived artfully everyday

What is your favorite part of teaching?  it is so rewarding that it is hard to choose just one favorite part...I love witnessing students overcome fears & intimidation of the unknown and gain confidence that they CAN do it...the A-ha! moments, the squeals of delight, the proud, beaming faces

What do you find most challenging about teaching? it sounds selfish I know, but honestly I am surrounded by so much talent and so many cool workshops are happening while I'm teaching...I wish I could take more classes! :)

What do you like to do in your spare time? I adore gardening, baking, junking, sewing and working on our farm.

What is your favorite type of art medium? oooh, a toughie for a mixed media artist to answer...acrylic paint and vintage paper (its a tie)

Who is your favorite artist? Joseph Cornell

What is one interesting (trivial) fact that everyone should know about you? my nose, toes and right hand are always cold (not sure why but the left hand always seems to be A-ok)

Attach your favorite image and detail why it is your favorite. (preferably not your art) cute photo of our pup Lily - Kecia Deveney took this when staying with us for Art in the Rough.  Lily is sweet, loyal and keeps us on our toes...she is adored.

lily

http://www.naveljellystudios.com/

http://www.naveljellystudios.com/html/art_in_the_rough.html

No comments: