Sunday, February 13, 2011

SPOTLIGHT: On Linda Willis

 

Linda

Faculty Name:
Linda Willis

Birthplace:
Norwood, Mass. but I never really lived there.

Current Residence:  Peace Dale, Rhode Island.  Peace, love, dove baby

Necessary Job: Retired

How long have you been doing art? For about 35 years

At what age did you begin creating and why? 
Began at 8ish (soooo long ago) designing my own paper doll clothes because it was more fun than cutting out someone else's designs.

What is your favorite part of teaching?
The women and men I meet who invariably inspire me with their stories, compassion, humor and talent.

What do you find most challenging about teaching? 
Getting myself and all my stuff to where I need to be.

What do you like to do in your spare time? 
I spend every minute I can creating and cooking, eating, talking and laughing with my friends.  I am a very lucky woman.

What is your favorite type of art medium? 
I truly like all types of mediums but prefer mixed media sewing because I'm good at it.

Who is your favorite artist? 
Tracy, Allison, Midge, and Liz (you know who you are). A group of very talented ladies who I am fortunate to call friends.  My art is family Annie, Angela,Diana,Judy,Kecia,Loretta,andPam.

What is one interesting (trivial) fact that everyone should know about you? 
I'm shy and don't like to talk about myself.

Attach your favorite image and detail why it is your favorite. 
A self explanatory original composition.

original composition

No comments: